Gag Order

Gag Order placed on deacon of ROCOR to silence him
Two letters of notification from Protodeacon Basil Y. in Australia

Basil Alexnadrovich Yakimov 
St John the Forerunner Church, Canberra 
1700 hrs, 4 July 2005.

My last posting & I ask for your fervent prayers please....

June 21/July 4, 2005 
St. Andrew, Archbishop of Crete. St. Martha, mother of St. Symeon Stylites the Younger. Holy Royal Martyrs of Russia Tsar Nicholas II, Tsaritsa Alexandra, Crown Prince Alexis, and Grand-duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia, and those martyred with them (1918). 

And this commandment have we from Him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. (John 4:21) 

Dear All 

- Christ is in our midst! 

Today I received an Ukase from my Ruling Archbishop that informs me that I have exceeded the boundaries of what is allowable in my postings on the internet forums. Those on these lists have accused me direct or indirect using reference material or referring to material allegedly coming from the camp of ROCA enemies. The material I have used has in the most been positive about historical ROCA but it has been critical at times of the current situation in our ROCA. I also know that my Archbishop has been under constant pressure to silence me on the internet. In the Ukase it also states that I should stop posting material in regard to religious-church questions on the receipt of the Ukase for one year from the date of the receipt of the Ukase.

So everyone knows - I do this not out of fear for I only have Fear of God & have been persecuted before so I know what disobedience to a Bishop means - he can be a friend one day an enemy the next. 

I will adhere to the Ukase & this will be my last posting but not out of fear but out of love, respect & friendship for his Grace Archbishop Hilarion. He knows that I am loyal to historical ROCA, he also knows that I will not follow blindly in to a False Union with the post soviet MP. 

I am concerned however, hope & pray that it may not be the case, that this Ukase is a precedent for persecution of those faithful sons & daughters of ROCA who are not against honest dialogue with the MP but who are against the compromises contained in the said documents produced so far by the dialogue, I shall be silent for a year but I will monitor all postings. I hope & pray that other ROCA clergy & lay people will take my place in these lists & not allow historical ROCA to be denigrated in any way, nor allow the Holy Fathers of ROCA - such as our beloved metropolitan Philaret, Archbishop Averky & many others, blessed in memory, to be attacked because of what they wrote & said - today in the eyes & minds of those promoting the fast track false union are some how not appropriate, therefore not to be posted. 

I will answer all questions directed to me off-line. I have no animosity towards anyone on these lists - in ROCA itself or the MP but I do not have a place in my heart for anyone who advocates, promotes, or dilutes in any way or performs revision of sergianstvo & ecumenism so it becomes more palatable to the masses or to suit the times we live in. 

I ask forgiveness if any of my postings offended you & ask for your continued prayers for myself & all our brothers & sisters in ROCA.

I wrote in a previous posting "....in regard to the post soviet MP top being ecumenist nothing has changed, the post soviet patriarch has spent most of his life being an ecumenist & now he even boasts about it. The MP delegation to the WCC has increased & they no longer care what ROCA says, thinks or does in regard to ecumenism the heresy. The white washing of sergianism & ecumenism was predicted many years ago by some on this list - so nothing has changed ...nothing else can be said & the so-called documents are worthless & should not be accepted by the ROCA IV All-Diaspora Council on May 6-14, 2006, in San Francisco & the subsequent SOBOR of BISHOPS." 

I hope & pray that his Grace Archbishop Alypy & their Graces Bishops Daniel, Evtihy, Agafangel & Gabriel will stand firm & not accept the documents that a full of compromise & abandon the subsequent False Union with the post soviet MP. Compromise can only lead to betrayal of oneself, values & so on; in our case of our beloved historical ROCA. The second betrayal by us in ROCA will be worse then the first betrayal by metr. Sergei & those that followed him, we in ROCA are not under any duress to accept the compromise that inevitably leads to betrayal of the Truth. The Glorious & Royal Path of ROCA was not only a beacon to all of us in ROCA but to many both clergy & lay people in the MP itself (& elsewhere) - indeed they too have been disappointed with the documents filled with compromise - the MP has given an inch & taken a mile. Our beloved bothers & sisters in the post soviet MP were not against the dialogue as such but expected no ROCA compromise on sergianism (the unnecessary evil in soviet time) & on ecumenism (the heresy of heresies). 

The post soviet MP patriarch himself said this in May 1999: "Perhaps the most painful question of today is the moral condition of the present hierarchy and clergy. The heritage which we received from the bolshevik time is far from ideal. The Council on Religious Affairs, which at heart pursued atheistic goals and attempted to destroy the foundations of the faith, handled the selection of personnel..... " & yet the current documents on sergianstvo & ecumenism fall short even of this admission by the MP. 

Father Seraphim Rose, blessed in memory, writes: "... ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS live today in one of the great critical times in the history of Christ's Church. The enemy of man's salvation, the devil, attacks on all fronts and strives by all means not merely to divert believers from the path of salvation shown by the Church, but even to conquer the Church of Christ itself, despite the Saviour's promise (Matt. 16:18), and to convert the very Body of Christ into an "ecumenical" organization preparing for the coming of his own chosen one, Antichrist, the great world-ruler of the last days....... 
THE ROOTS of today's ecumenism in the Orthodox Churches go back to the renovationism and modernism of certain hierarchs in the 1920's. In the Russian Church, these currents produced, first, the "Living Church" movement which, with the help of the Communist regime, tried to overthrow Patriarch Tikhon and "reform" the Church in a radically Protestant manner, and then - as a more "conservative" successor to the "Living Church" - the Sergianist church organization (the Moscow Patriarchate), which emphasized at first the political side of reconciliation with Communist ideology and aims (in accordance with the infamous "Declaration" of Metropolitan Sergius in 1927), and only in recent decades has ventured once again into the realm of ecclesiastical renovationism with its active participation in the ecumenical movement......" 

& further he says: "..the ten years of anti-ecumenist epistles of Metropolitan Philaret, Chief Hierarch of the Russian Church Outside of Russia, have struck a responsive chord within a number of the Orthodox Churches, even if the "official" response to them has been largely silence or hostility...." 

Metropolitan Philaret , blessed in memory, speaks to all of us even today - the loyal children of ROCA ,not only through his incorruptible relics, his podvig, his profound & glorious legacy & his writings:   "But a schism nonetheless occurred. The minority, accepting the declaration, formed a central administration, the so-called "Moscow Patriarchate," which, while being supposedly officially recognized by the authorities, in actual fact received no legal rights whatever from them; for they continued, now without hindrance, a most cruel persecution of the Church. 
In the words of Joseph, Metropolitan of Petrograd, Metr. Sergy, having proclaimed the declaration, entered upon the path of "monstrous arbitrariness, flattery, and betrayal of the Church to the interests of atheism and the destruction of the Church." 
(Epistle of Metropolitan Philaret to Orthodox Bishops and All Who Hold Dear the Fate of the Russian Church, 1965) 
     "It is completely absurd for the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, founded in 1920 in accordance with Holy Patriarch Tikhon's Ukase, to consider the Moscow Patriarchate its Mother Church. The Moscow Patriarchate was unlawfully founded an entire seven years later in 1927 after the usurpation of the lawful Church Authority by Metropolitan Sergius, the Deputy to the Locum Tenens to the Patriarchal Throne. 
     At that time he issued the infamous "Declaration" of the Church's complete loyalty to the godless Soviet State.  The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia has always refused to consider the new church structure created by Metropolitan Sergius to be lawful and canonical; it refuses this to this very day. 
     How can our Church consider the hierarchal structure created by Metropolitan Sergius to be canonical, when a number of the Moscow Patriarchate's best church historians themselves refer to Metropolitan Sergius' authority as "non-canonical" (see the Acts of Holy Patriarch Tikhon published by the Saint Tikhon Theological Institute in Moscow)? 
     For the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia the Mother Church always was and always will be the historical Local Russian Orthodox Church in Her fullness". 
http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/english/pages/history/pastoralappeal.html 

We should all listen in these troubled times to the true voice of our beloved First Hierarch Metropolitan Philaret, blessed in memory. Even those within ROCA that want true union between the ROCA and post soviet MP do not approve nor understand the reasons for this fast track (this speedy rush) dialogue which is leading firstly to unwarranted compromise and consequently to a False Union.

I beseech our Lord Jesus Christ to give me strength in my silence so that I can do battle in any future struggle. I ask You Lord to be patient with me a sinner & if it be Your Will not allow any compromises to occur in the continuing dialogue nor a False Union to transpire as a direct result of these compromises. Lord You know my love for the much suffering people of Holy Russia & my loyalty to our ROCA, if it pleases You increase in me this love for the enemies that have persecuted your Holy Church & people during the godless soviet debauchery, so help me Lord! 

O Holy Theotokos do not for sake us in our hour of need. Shelter ROCA with Thy most precious Protection - Most holy Theotokos, help us! 

To you - our New Martyrs & Confessors of Russia, who knew no compromise & were loyal to our Lord Jesus Christ & his Holy Church unto the end, I now turn & ask you, from my heart which is filled with sadness, to intercede together with our ROCA holy fathers (both proclaimed as saints & those yet to be proclaimed as saints) to our Lord Jesus Christ so He will not allow any False Union to take place & that the Glorious & Royal Path our ROCA has followed to this day be followed by the bothers & sisters in the MP. 

Dear Fathers, Brothers & Sisters I truly hope & pray that if unification is to occur it should occur not as a result of compromise otherwise our beloved ROCA will be part of the sergianist & ecumenist quagmire that currently exists in the post soviet MP. 

I ask your forgiveness for making this last posting so long & from this day onwards I shall fervently pray that no False Union will be allowed to transpire - so in God I hope. I also know now why I serve in Canberra at the St John the Forerunner Church for in silence my voice will be heard! 

Thank you for your patience, kind words & love that I received through the years. I do not hold any grudges against anyone so help me God! 

God Bless all of You & keep you safe from harms way. Gospodi blagoslovii spasi Vas! 

Glory be to GOD! 
With all my love in our Lord Jesus Christ ! Adieu! 
unworthy protodeacon

Basil Alexnadrovich Yakimov 
St John the Forerunner Church, Canberra 
1700 hrs, 4 July 2005. 

This last posting was sent on 5 July 2005


************************
THE SILENT VOICE OF +DEACON BASIL YAKIMOV
A Second letter:

"Dear All - Christ is in our midst!

Today, [May 7 2005] I received a UKASE from my Ruling Archbishop that informs me that I have exceeded the boundaries of what is allowable in my postings on the Internet Forums. Those on these lists have accused me of referring to material allegedly coming from the camp of ROCA enemies.

The material I have used has in the most been positive about historical ROCA but it has been critical at times of the current situation in our ROCA. I also know that my Archbishop has been under constant pressure to silence me on the Internet.

In the Ukase it also states that I should stop posting material in regard to religious-church questions on the receipt of the Ukase for one year from the date of the receipt of the Ukase.

I am concerned that this Ukase is a precedent for persecution of those faithful sons & daughters of ROCA who are not against honest dialogue with the MP but who are against the compromises contained in the said Documents produced so far by the dialogue...

I have no animosity towards anyone on these lists - but I do not have a place in my heart for anyone who advocates, promotes, or dilutes in any way or performs revision of Sergiansism & Ecumenism so it becomes more palatable to the masses or to suit the times we live in.

The MP delegation to the WCC has increased. The white washing of Sergianism continues, so nothing has changed & the so called Documents are worthless & should not be accepted at the All-Diaspora Council on May 6-14, 2006 & the subsequent SOBOR of BISHOPS.

I hope & pray that Archbishop Alypy & Bishops Daniel, Evtihy, Agafangel & Gabriel will stand firm & abandon the False Union with the Post Soviet MP.  We in ROCA are not under any duress to accept the compromises that inevitably lead to betrayal of the Truth...

Lord You know my love for the much suffering people of Holy Russia & my loyalty to our ROCA, if it pleases You increase in me this love for the enemies that have persecuted your Holy Church during the godless Soviet debauchery, so help me Lord!

O Holy Theotokos do not forsake us in our hour of need. Shelter ROCA with Thy most precious Protection -Most holy Theotokos, help us!

To you - our New Martyrs & Confessors of Russia, who knew no compromise, I now turn & ask you, from my heart which is filled with sadness, to intercede together with our ROCA holy fathers to our Lord Jesus Christ so He will not allow any False Union to take place.

From this day onwards I know now why I serve in Canberra at the St John the Forerunner Church for in silence my voice will be heard! 

With all my love in our Lord Jesus Christ! Adieu!

unworthy protodeacon Basil Alexandrovich Yakimov
St John The Forerunner Church, Canberra
1700 hrs, 4 July 2005.

[This last posting was sent on 5 July 2005]  For +Protodeacon Basil Yakimov

No comments: